Thursday, September 3, 2009

My Platform - Responsiveness

While I have been out visiting with community members, a major sentiment I hear is that people feel the City Council is not listening to their concerns, or at times totally disregarding their voice. Combined with the same experience on the state and federal levels, many people have given up hope and stopped trying to communicate with their elected officials. I can relate to this, as I have had similar experiences.

This is one of the main reasons I have decided to run for South Portland City Council. Communication is one of the key elements in a representative democracy, and I vow to keep and maintain an open line of communication with the citizens of South Portland. This entails not only listening, but giving a genuine response. A City Councilor must engage their constituents in order to encourage and foster civic participation.

I am making myself available to contact in a variety of ways to make sure I can hear from everyone. Feel free to call or write (mail, e-mail, Facebook, or comment on this blog). I'm looking forward to hearing from you!

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog. Looking forward to learning more about you!

    ReplyDelete